ADSA is the professional organisation for Registered Dietitians. The primary aims of the Association are to serve the interests of Dietitians in South Africa and promote the nutritional well-being of the community.
The role of ADSA will be to contribute to:
- In-depth analysis of existing training landscape, needs and curriculum setting for dietitians in South Africa, which includes in-depth analysis of the South African Healthcare Sector, the daily practice settings, the state of knowledge and the existing gaps in dietitians practicing in healthcare facilities and community settings.
- Training programme design and development, and review of curriculum content on diet and micronutrients for the First 1000 days and counselling.
- Identification of potential participants for piloting of the developed training programme.
- Development of a sustainable business model.
- Incorporation of developed training programme into existing qualification and continuous education programmes for dietitians in South Africa and its accreditation.
- Comprehensive dissemination to target groups via their networks nationally and internationally.